Due to various external environmental impacts, the drive belt will have different degrees of aging and damage. And there are many reasons.
1. Heat. Thermal cracking or thermal crosslinking of the rubber can be caused by increasing the temperature. This is a common aging phenomenon-thermal oxygen aging.
2. Light. The shorter the light wave, the greater the energy. Ultraviolet rays with higher energy can damage rubber, and it plays a heating role. Another feature of the light effect (different from the heat effect) is mainly on the surface of the rubber. Network cracks will appear on both sides of samples with high gel content.
3. Oxygen. In rubber, oxygen undergoes a free radical chain reaction with rubber molecules. The molecular chain will break or excessively cross-linked, which results in changes in rubber properties. Oxidation is one of the important reasons for rubber aging.
4. Mechanical stress. The repeated action of the mechanical stress of the conveyor belt and the occasional friction process with the roller will cause the rubber molecular chain to break and generate free radicals, which will trigger the oxidation chain reaction and form a mechanochemical process. Mechanical breaking of molecular chains and mechanical activation of the oxidation process, which one has more advantages depends on the conditions.
5. Water. There are two functions of water. Rubber is easily damaged when it is exposed to rain or soaked in water with humid air, this is because the water-soluble substances and water groups in the rubber are extracted and dissolved by water. The destruction of the rubber will be accelerated due to hydrolysis or absorption and other reasons, especially the alternating action of water immersion and atmospheric exposure.
6. Ozone. The chemical activity of ozone is much higher than that of oxygen, and it is more destructive. There will be cracks perpendicular to the direction of stress action when the rubber used for deformation is mainly unsaturated rubber, which is the so-called "ozone cracking" on the deformed rubber and only an oxide film is formed on the outer surface without cracking.
7. Others. The acting factors of rubber include chemical medium, variable metal ions, high-energy radiation, electricity and biology.
Taizhou SHANJING auto parts limited is a professional company that produces and develops as well as operates drive belt products. The company in line with the "Quality First" value, and provide customers with various professional drive belt products and high-quality service by adhering to excellent technology, high quality and good reputation. The company's main products include auto parts, rubber products (cruiser timing belts, snow blowers drive belts, snowmobile drive belts, go-kart belts, etc.), plastic products, and traffic management facilities.
Therefore, it is necessary to choose industrial drive belts with good performance and excellent quality. Also, regular maintenance is required in order to find and solve problems timely to ensure the normal operation of the equipment.